Admin and Minority Outreach Job at Better Business Bureau Louisville, KY
Full Job Description
The Admin/Hispanic Outreach position is a full-time position that is the face of the BBB at the front desk, helps answer phones, and supports higher-level staff. The position also reaches out to the Hispanic community through events, business owners, etc. The position reports directly to the VP/Operations.
Summary: Responsible for answering the phones, greeting the public, various office duties, Hispanic outreach via communities and businesses, and support to higher-level staff.
Responsibilities of the Admin/Hispanic Outreach employee include, but are not limited to the areas below.
· Sits at front desk, greets the public.
· Answers calls from consumers and businesses on a daily basis.
· Answers Live Chats online from consumers and businesses on a daily basis.
· Assists the President/CEO with administrative tasks, as needed.
· Helps to oversee database management for quality assurance.
· Performs general clerical duties to include, but not limited to photocopying, faxing, scanning, printing, and mail distribution.
· Prepares and modifies documents, when needed.
· Assist other higher-level staff with duties as requested, per approval from President/CEO.
· Manages the board room calendar.
· Gets involved with Hispanic Community contacts, via events.
· Gets involved with the sales of Hispanic Owned Businesses.
· Helps the Director of Communications interpret documents from English to Spanish.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. Must have driver’s license and own transportation.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Excellent administration skills
Exceptional customer service skills
Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task, and manage time.
Ability to work in a busy environment
Computer Proficiency (Microsoft Office/more)
Knowledge of general office machines and telephone systems
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Some sales experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arm.
This is typically a 34 – 35 hour/week job, Monday – Thursday 8 – 4:30 and Friday 8 to Noon, but some occasional early mornings, evenings, or weekends are required for BBB events.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $42,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Louisville, KY 40223: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Louisville, KY 40223
About the Company
Company: Better Business Bureau
Company Location: Louisville, KY