Administrative Assistant Job at CALTCM Santa Clarita, CA
Full Job Description
CALTCM Administrative Assistant Job Description
Part-Time, Temporary, Contract, Remote 85% remote – 15% Los Angeles County
The California Association for Long Term Care Medicine (CALTCM) is the medical voice of long term care in California. We value excellent and individualized medical care, a team approach, and the integration of medical science with personalized care. CALTCM is the organization of choice for long term care interdisciplinary professionals in California.
As such, we exist to:
· Provide quality education for long term care professionals;
· Promote effective medical leadership;
· Promote ethical delivery of care; and
· Promote the rights of patients.
CALTCM is looking for an Administrative Assistant to support the leadership and ongoing education activities of the association.
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to CALTCM’s Executive Director, Board of Directors, committees, and workgroups. The Administrative Assistant will provide Meeting reminders, agenda circulation, roster upkeep, email communication as needed; schedule or reschedule meetings as needed; forward communications to BOD and Committees as requested by Executive Director, President, committee chairs, etc.
The Administrative Assistant will coordinate and implement the development and delivery of a robust series of webinars and education programs featuring CALTCM leadership, members and partners. In this role, they will coordinate and provide support on planning meetings and webinars, including identifying speakers, curating and sharing background material and agendas, and document and archive minutes and artifacts. The Administrative Assistant will also prepare regular reports for on the performance metrics of educational programs and make suggestions based on the data.
General office: Respond to incoming inquires; direct to appropriate person when necessary.
Membership: Assist with applications, renewals and general inquiries.
o Attend calls, take notes;
o Send reminders to trainers, coordinate/reschedule calls as needed;
o Review materials as needed.
o Assist with general event planning:
§ Invitations, RSVP’s;
§ General inquiries;
§ Registrations & Confirmations;
§ Collection, packaging and distribution of materials, such as agenda, handouts and/or reports;
§ Badges, name tents;
§ Food & beverage preparation;
§ Preparation and packing of materials for meeting location.
o Assist with meeting exhibitors and sponsors as needed; receive and record exhibitor forms, payments and exhibitor data. Communicate venue logistics and prospectus; prepare badges and onsite exhibitor placement.
o Assist CME chair with speaker paperwork, collection and compilation, as needed.
BOD & Committee Liaison:
o Meeting reminders, agenda circulation, roster upkeep, email communication as needed;
o Schedule, reschedule or cancel meetings as needed;
o Forward communications to BOD and Committees as needed.
Oversee all administrative aspects of association:
o Assist with bookkeeping/accounting functions as appropriate;
o Assist in developing and instituting methods for quality control and accuracy in membership, conference, and other databases.
Perform other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability desired.
· Possess high-level computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Word) and Zoom;
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
· Ability to initiate projects and work with minimal supervision;
· Ability to prioritize competing demands and handle multiple deadlines;
· Strong ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people and communities;
· Strong customer service skills;
· Ability to facilitate webinar and in-person trainings or meetings effectively;
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
· Availability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends for educational events and production; some travel will be necessary.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of an Associate’s Degree AND one year customer service work experience OR three years of customer service experience.
Hours: 20 Hours a Week to Start
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Pay: $23.00 – $25.00 per hour based on experience
Schedule: Monday to Friday, Some Evenings and Weekends
Contract Length: 12 Months
Contract Renewal: Likely
Work Location: 85% remote – 15% Los Angeles County
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $23.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Associate (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
About the Company
Company Location: Santa Clarita, CA