Administrative Assistant II | Planning Design + Construction Job at Stanford Health Care Menlo Park, CA
Full Job Description
If you’re ready to be part of our legacy of hope and innovation, we encourage you to take the first step and explore our current job openings. Your best is waiting to be discovered.
Day – 08 Hour (United States of America)
This is a Stanford Health Care job.
A Brief Overview
Provides administrative and clerical support to relieve department managers, directors or staff of administrative details. May coordinate messages, appointments, information to callers, file maintenance, department office supplies and mail. Researches, compiles and proofs word processing assignments. Operates automated office equipment. May be assigned to various functional areas of the organization.
Stanford Health Care
What you will do
- Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls
- Receive and direct visitors and clients
- General clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Retrieve documents from filing system
- Handle requests for information and data
- Resolve administrative problems and inquiries
- Prepare written responses to routine enquiries
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for managers or supervisors
- Prepare agendas for meetings and prepare schedules
- Sort and distribute incoming correspondence
- Maintain office supply inventories
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 5 years of work related experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of computer skills and relevant software
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management
- Ability to communicate both in writing and verbally
- Ability to plan and organize
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to assess and solve problems
- Skill in information gathering and information monitoring
- Attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Ability to demonstrate customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
These principles apply to ALL employees:
SHC Commitment to Providing an Exceptional Patient & Family Experience
Stanford Health Care sets a high standard for delivering value and an exceptional experience for our patients and families. Candidates for employment and existing employees must adopt and execute C-I-CARE standards for all of patients, families and towards each other. C-I-CARE is the foundation of Stanford’s patient-experience and represents a framework for patient-centered interactions. Simply put, we do what it takes to enable and empower patients and families to focus on health, healing and recovery.
You will do this by executing against our three experience pillars, from the patient and family’s perspective:
- Know Me: Anticipate my needs and status to deliver effective care
- Show Me the Way: Guide and prompt my actions to arrive at better outcomes and better health
- Coordinate for Me: Own the complexity of my care through coordination
Equal Opportunity Employer Stanford Health Care (SHC) strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, SHC does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity and/or expression, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements.
Base Pay Scale: Generally starting at $39.20 – $44.15 per hour
The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training. This pay scale is not a promise of a particular wage.
About the Company
Company: Stanford Health Care
Company Location: Menlo Park, CA