Administrative Assistant | McCormick Place Convention Center Jobs in Chicago, IL at Spectra Experience
Oak View Group
Oak View Group (OVG) is the world’s leading arena development, management, and hospitality company founded in 2015 by Tim Leiweke and Irving Azoff to disrupt business as usual. As the largest developer of sports and entertainment facilities in the world, OVG prioritizes the way we do business focusing on making long-term investments in our people and our planet. We focus on building a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive workplace. Each day our team members around the world and throughout our local communities work together to provide the greatest experience to our fans and partners.
We celebrate and support a strong, transparent, authentic and inclusive culture focused around four core values:
We treat each other fairly and with respect.
We act with integrity.
We have an entrepreneurial spirit.
We give back to our global community.
This role is in the Security Department.
Under direct supervision, you will provide administrative support for security functions at the venue. In this role you may be assigned to provide issuance and maintenance of access cards and keys, supervision of security and/or clerical support staff, preparation of clearance forms, maintenance of security documents. Additional tasks may include the monitoring of alarm systems.
This role will pays a wage of $26 to $34.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
About the Venue
McCormick Place located in downtown Chicago is the largest and most flexible convention center in North America., With over 2.6 million square feet of exhibition space, the campus proudly hosts some of the world’s largest and most prestigious conventions, meetings, and trade shows, welcoming approximately 3 million visitors to Chicago every year.
• Responsible for shipping and receiving items moving throughout the facility. Log all items entering and leaving facility.
• Coordinate with outside vendors to ensure proper load in and load out procedures are adhered to. Maintain files of sign in sheets for events.
• Prepare and review incident reports for adherence to established standards; take corrective measures when necessary.
• Monitor and administer proper sign in/out policies; monitor security system and report abnormalities to Security Lead.
• Respond to all emergency situations.
• Inspect packages, meeting rooms, etc. (for detection of and or prevention of violations of criminal law and company policy).
• Patrol assigned facility locations; lock and unlock doors as required.
• Monitor event activity areas as well as entrances and exits.
• Observe facilities and equipment for needed maintenance and repairs; recognize and report damage and safety hazards.
• Be aware of the location and use of emergency alarms and equipment; follow established procedures in case of fire, disorder or other emergency situation.
• Control parking, pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
• Observe general public; provide general information, directions and assistance to facility guests; report suspicious behavior to Manager on Duty.
• Maintain a high degree of visibility and professionalism; respond to various situations, issues and requests for assistance; prepare incident reports in accordance with departmental standards.
Title: Administrative Assistant | McCormick Place Convention Center
Company: Spectra Experience
Location: Chicago, IL