Administrative Assistant-Sales|McCormick Place Convention Center Jobs in Chicago, IL at Spectra Experience
Oak View Group
Oak View Group (OVG) is the world’s leading arena development, management, and hospitality company founded in 2015 by Tim Leiweke and Irving Azoff to disrupt business as usual. As the largest developer of sports and entertainment facilities in the world, OVG prioritizes the way we do business focusing on making long-term investments in our people and our planet. We focus on building a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive workplace. Each day our team members around the world and throughout our local communities work together to provide the greatest experience to our fans and partners.
We celebrate and support a strong, transparent, authentic and inclusive culture focused around four core values:
We treat each other fairly and with respect.
We act with integrity.
We have an entrepreneurial spirit.
We give back to our global community.
The Administrative Assistant-Sales will work under supervision of the Director of Sales, the Administrative Assistant participates in a wide variety of responsible and complex administrative, secretarial and clerical duties for the sales department and provides information and assistance to the public regarding departmental services, policies and procedures.
This role will pay a hourly rate of $20.00 to $25.00
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
About the Venue
McCormick Place located in downtown Chicago is the largest and most flexible convention center in North America., With over 2.6 million square feet of exhibition space, the campus proudly hosts some of the world’s largest and most prestigious conventions, meetings, and trade shows, welcoming approximately 3 million visitors to Chicago every year.
· Perform responsible and difficult secretarial work involving the use of independent judgment and personal initiative.
· Assist in a variety of department operations; perform special projects and assignments as directed.
· Maintain calendars of department activities, meetings and various events; coordinate activities with other convention center departments, the public and outside agencies.
· Receive and prioritize work requests from a members of sales department personnel; effectively prioritize and manage workload.
· Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities related to clerical and secretarial activities; assist in planning, organizing, evaluating and participating in the functions of the assigned department; interpret and apply administrative and departmental policies and procedures.
· Participate in a variety of duties relating to administration of a department; assist in preparing comprehensive reports, compiling and preparing the annual budget, and monitoring approved budget accounts; recommend improvements in workflow procedures and use of equipment and forms related to the secretarial and clerical support function.
· Screen office and telephone callers; respond to complaints and requests for information on regulations, procedures, systems and precedents relating to responsibilities assigned; receive and route mail.
· Type and proofread a wide variety of reports, letters, memos and statistical charts; type from rough draft, verbal instruction or transcribing ma…
Title: Administrative Assistant-Sales|McCormick Place Convention Center
Company: Spectra Experience
Location: Chicago, IL