Administrative Officer Job in Blaine Lake, SK at Town of Blaine Lake, Saskatchewan –
Chief Administrative Officer, Town of Blaine Lake
The Town of Blaine Lake is currently seeking applications for the position of Chief Administrative Officer (CAO). This is a permanent, full-time position.
The Town of Blaine Lake is at a junction of Highways #12 and #40 between Shellbrook and North Battleford, as well as 45 minutes from Saskatoon. The town boosts a 9 hole golf course and a campground and a gateway to many lakes and parks. The town was incorporated in 1912 and has a rich history of the Dukhobor lifestyle and incorporates many cultures. And has a population of 500 persons.
The town offers a brand new water treatment plant with full reverse osmosis system, full-service gas station, health clinic, New K-12 School being built, hardware store, laundromat, drug store, churches, grocery store, motel, library and other various business.
As the principal advisor to Council, the CAO is responsible for providing all relevant and necessary information to make informed decisions, along with providing leadership for planning and executing a strategic vision that meets the current and future needs of the Town.
Guided by the Municipalities Act, the work the CAO does is broad and requires a willingness to perform a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Bookkeeping and Accounting – including bank reconciliations, payroll, financial statements, and budget preparation;
- Preparation and processing of various billings and filings – including utility bills, GST returns, taxes, and assessments;
- Managing staff;
- Grant research and writing;
- Bylaw writing, interpretation, and enforcement;
- Attending Council meetings, preparing agendas and taking minutes;
- Preparation of various other reports and documents;
- Digital media communications – including website and Facebook.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Proven administrative experience with knowledge of office management systems and procedures;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Experience with Munisoft software is considered an asset;
- Work well independently and within a team environment;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Exhibit leadership and be community oriented;
- Discretion with matters pertaining to confidentiality;
- Ability to interpret policies, bylaws, and legislation appropriately when responding to situations and requests;
- Be bondable;
- Have a minimum Grade 12 education.
- Standard C Certification in Local Government Administration.
Salary is based off of the UMAAS salary guideline along with qualifications and experience. The Town also offers an excellent benefits package and pension plan.
Please send resume, references, and salary expectations to:
Town of Blaine Lake
Blaine Lake, SK S0J 0J0
Email: [email protected]
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $33.00-$35.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Blaine Lake, SK: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
About the Company
Company: Town of Blaine Lake, Saskatchewan –
Company Location: Blaine Lake, SK