Administrator Job in Dublin, County Dublin at Larche –
Job Description – Office Administrator
L’Arche Dublin has a dual identity – that of a Service Provider funded by the HSE and subject to regulation and inspection by HIQA, and also that of a Faith Community belonging to and accountable to the International Federation of L’Arche. In this respect, the term Assistants refers to Employees who ensure continuity and professionalism of care, as well as supervision of the volunteering dimension to our Community.
We are people with and without intellectual disabilities sharing life in communities belonging to an international federation.
Mutual relationships and trust in God are at the heart of our life together.
We celebrate the unique value of every person and recognize our need of one another.
The Mission of L’Arche
‘The Mission of L’Arche is to make known the gifts of people with intellectual disabilities revealed through transforming relationships.
To engage in our diverse cultures, working together towards a more human society
To foster an environment in Community that is inspired by the core values in our founding story and responds to the changing needs of our core-members.
We should always remember that relationships of friendship with the person with disabilities are the foundation of L’Arche.
The term Core Member applies to persons with an Intellectual Disability. They are central to the ethos and Mission of L’Arche Communities in Ireland and Internationally
L’Arche Communities also have at their heart, Volunteer Assistants who commit to the community for a period of time. They come from very diverse cultures and backgrounds. In essence their role, enhances the life of the community, our Core Members lives. They bring and give renewal of spirit and building relationships that are central to L’Arche
We are recruiting for the above position providing support to adults in a residential setting with intellectual disabilities in L’Arche Dublin (Baldoyle, North Dublin). The position of Administrator in L’Arche Dublin is .8 Full Time Equivalent (4 day or 32 hours per week).
The successful candidates must be committed to providing the highest standard of services in support of adults to live satisfying, fulfilling and interesting lives. The role will normally be between the hours of 9 to 5. However, it will require some flexible on occasions to reflect the needs of the residents.
The Administrator works under the direction of the Community Leader and collaborates with the PIC, House Leaders, Care Team and Core Members (Residents). Please note that this list of responsibilities is not exhaustive as the job may develop and evolve over time due to changing needs of the residents and new projects.
A review with Support and Supervision will be undertaken after the first three months
The primary responsibilities of the Administrator are:
- General administrative duties
- Ensuring that all correspondence are dealt with promptly
- Co-ordinating of meeting arrangements for the Community Leader and community at large
- Assisting in the draft key documents such as correspondence, memos, reports and other documentation as required.
- Dissemination of relevant information to subsidiary L’Arche offices (Annual Report, Letters of L’Arche Review, Invoices etc.) Development of the cloud / IT infrastructure
- Assisting in the co-ordination and management of occasional events
- Prepare Annual Budget for CEO office / local committee
- Keep office insurance, health and safety up to date
- Prompt request for payment of invoices, Prompt payment of invoices
- Telephone: taking messages, dealing with general enquiries, follow up of all calls.
- Maintaining stationary stock for office
- In relation to Residents: facilitating a warm and caring environment on a daily basis
- Liaising with NOK, local community groups, other NFP organisations, funders and various stakeholders.
- Available to start April 2023
- Experience in Social Care area would be distinct advantage
- Be able to work independently and with the Care Team.
- Knowledge of HIQA / HSE structure an advantage
- Knowledge of Cloud Technology an advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Databases, etc.).
- Understanding of Advocacy, Human Rights and Risk Management concepts.
- A full driving license.
If you believe you have the necessary enthusiasm, competencies and experience to bring to this role, please forward your letter of application along with your Curriculum Vitae by email to [email protected]
Informal enquiries to Peter Shiels – 086 2395811
Closing Date: Friday 24th March 2023 (Short listing will apply).
About the Company
Company: Larche –
Company Location: Dublin, County Dublin