Banquet Sous Chef | Part-Time | Palm Beach County Convention Center Jobs in Palm Beach, FL at Spectra Experience
Oak View Group
Oak View Group (OVG) is the world’s leading arena development, management, and hospitality company founded in 2015 by Tim Leiweke and Irving Azoff to disrupt business as usual. As the largest developer of sports and entertainment facilities in the world, OVG prioritizes the way we do business focusing on making long-term investments in our people and our planet. We focus on building a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive workplace.
Each day our team members around the world and throughout our local communities work together to provide the greatest experience to our fans and partners.
We celebrate and support a strong, transparent, authentic and inclusive culture focused around four core values:
We treat each other fairly and with respect.
We act with integrity.
We have an entrepreneurial spirit.
We give back to our global community.
The Part-Time Banquet Sous Chef is involved with all aspects of the Banquet Culinary operations focusing on private
events, catering, and special events. Operational duties and responsibilities include providing leadership
and management of kitchen staff, growing, and developing product offerings and menus, and managing
This role will pay an hourly wage of $25 to $28.00.
For PT roles: Benefits: 401(k) savings plan and 401(k) matching.
profitability of food items.
Close Date 12/31/24
About the Venue
The Palm Beach County Convention Center is a multi-purpose facility in West Palm Beach, Florida. The facility opened in January 2004 and hosts many high profile events.
• Provide guidance and direction for all day-to-day event operations
• Assist in the hiring, training, coaching, and development of Banquet Culinary staff
• Plan and manage the procurement, production, preparation, and presentation of food
• Ensure that all BOH operations adhere to proper safety and sanitations standards
• Understand and operate within cost guidelines and targets
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, procedures, and
• Work with the front of house team to ensure proper execution of events
• Organize and help in the service of all activities concerning ala carte, employee meals and
• Ordering, receiving and proper rotation of food and kitchen goods.
• Responsible for cleanliness and sanitation of individual work area and kitchen as a whole,
including equipment, counters, tools, waste areas, etc.
• Consistent preparation and presentation based on overall standards, including portion size, of
daily special, salads, entrees, etc. as applicable per work assignment and as designated by
Executive Chef which are produced within ClubCorp’s quality standards guidelines.
• Complete daily, weekly, and monthly management administrative duties including operations
reports, financial documentation, standard operating procedures, safety and sanitation
checklists, and ordering and inventory documentation
• Assist in menu design and direct food presentation, production, and control including all food
for all events which may include breakfast, lunch, and dinner events, private events, weddings,
amenities, and special events, etc.
• Control labor and operating expenses through effective planning, recipe management,
purchasing decisions, and revenue generation solutions
• Coach and teach the team by working side-by-side with them …
Title: Banquet Sous Chef | Part-Time | Palm Beach County Convention Center
Company: Spectra Experience
Location: Palm Beach, FL