Business Office Specialist Job at Stonerise Home Health Weston Horner, WV
Full Job Description
Business Office Specialist
At Stonerise Home Health, our mission goes beyond compassion and improving care. We strive to enrich the lives of those with whom we work and serve through our principles, passion, and purpose.
Stonerise Home Health is currently hiring for a Business Office Specialist . This position is responsible for coordinating and maintaining systems and duties of the business office.
Join us and benefit from the Stonerise difference. Our core values make us unlike any other employer. If you want to be part of a family-like team who feels as passionately about serving fellow members of your community as you do, join us!
In addition to competitive wages, you’ll benefit from:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid vacation
- Health insurance
- And more!
- Create and maintain a one-call referral communication process.
- Enter patient information into software system.
- Call insurance and verify patient coverage and benefits.
- Call insurance and receive authorization for services.
- Check out of pocket and deductibles.
- File paperwork to ensure that charts are kept up to date.
- Responsible for meeting all service standards for exceptional customer service delivery.
- Monitor of patient charts for quality controls as assigned.
- Referral intake and processing.
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing information between referral sources/patients/family members/inquirers and relevant staff and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person and to verbal or written instructions.
- Process/assemble patient charts, including manual and computer data entry; ensure accuracy of information and adherence to all required company, local, state and federal guidelines.
- Maintain patient admission packets.
- Use personal judgment and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in activity and procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Foster an atmosphere of teamwork and collaboration.
- Is consistently supportive of the agency administration and missions and is a positive team member at all times.
- Ensure strict confidentiality of financial and medical records in compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, (HIPAA).
- Is at least 18 years of age.
- Has ability to read, follow written instructions, and document services provided.
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, and flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities
- Three years of related healthcare experience, including working with multiple referral sources
- Previous call center or customer service experience is preferred.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and other software programs is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills are required.
- Experience working with home health care standards and quality assurance or risk management.
- Knowledge of authorization processes for insurance carriers.
About the Company
Company: Stonerise Home Health Weston
Company Location: Horner, WV