Customs Compliance Specialist Jobs in Norwell – Massachusetts – USA at Clean Harbors
The Transportation Compliance Specialist reports directly to the Director of Transportation Compliance and is responsible for providing governance of all imports and exports for all of the Company’s divisions administering cross-border moves of equipment, vehicles, specialty items, tools, electronics, waste, chemicals, etc. Assist all departments and divisions are following the approved standard operating procedures (SOPs), submitting the correct documentation, accurately and completely, to the customs broker and/or Customs Border Patrols.
This position does require the successful candidate to be on call and work overtime as required.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
• Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
• Competitive wages
coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
• Group 401K with company matching component
paid time off
and tuition reimbursement
• Positive and safe work environments
• Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
• Work with legal team to investigate and resolve current and potential customs issues.
• Assist Administrator cross-border moves of equipment, vehicles, specialty items, tools, electronics, waste, chemicals, etc.
• Develop, implement, and maintain company-wide cross border SOPs, incorporating changes in international regulations and company needs.
• Create company-wide standard documents/forms and ensure that all cross-border moves comply with all government regulations and follow-up paperwork is submitted in a timely manner.
• Research, develop, and manage all customs broker vendor relationships.
• Work in close
with internal departments to ensure strict compliance adherence in all countries where the Company does business.
H.S Diploma/ GED Required
• Outstanding influencing, interpersonal, and
• Individual must be able to manage from afar and keep control over this functional area.
• Ability to adhere to deadlines and adjust accordingly and work under pressure.
attention to detail
and ability to quickly prioritize.
• Strong systems skills required (Excel, Access, and proprietary software systems.)
• Position requires working with all levels of management from CEO to local office administrators, recognizing and applying good judgment.
• Experience working in a large organization in a role requiring cross functional cooperation, influencing individuals at administrative and executive levels, and
attention to detail
• Verifiable experience responsible for managing the import and export of vehicles, equipment and commercial goods.
• Ability to conceptualize and implement new programs and processes, as well as develop and implement strategies to meet business needs.
and presentation skills. Position requires regular interaction with senior and executive management.
Title: Customs Compliance Specialist
Company: Clean Harbors
Location: Norwell – Massachusetts – USA
Category: Supply Chain/Logistics, Administrative/Clerical