Designer (Outdoor Ladieswear) – Cape Town New! Job in Cape Town, Western Cape at Traut Personnel –
If you love the Outdoors and you are an experienced Outdoor Apparel Designer, why not find out more about this leading Brand and its excellent working conditions? An experienced (at least 3 years) Designer comfortable with CAD and the relevant Design Packages, you will be involved in assisting and supporting with Range Design and product development, producing tech packs, supporting the Design process from conception to final styling. A relevant Design Degree/Diploma, PLUS 3 years experience in a similar role essential.
· Assist and support with setting the creative vision seasonally, through visual and digital presentations.
· Assist with and support the design process from conception to final styling.
· Assist and support the product design process to include market research, conceptual presentation, design and guidance through fabric, print, spec and fit processes.
· Responsible for researching markets in order to identify new trend, fabrics and techniques.
· Actively participated in the conceptual development of product lines (ie sells ideas/concepts and convinces others to adopt course of action).
· Provides recommendations regarding seasonal themes, edits and new concepts by way of research via WGSN or alternative online research.
· Recommends product/key items that demonstrate a clear point of view.
· Provides insight regarding style and fit of product to the design and buying team.
· Ensures that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
· Provides recommendation regarding colourways on stripes, checks and prints.
· Responsible for trim selection and application onto product.
· Researching local and international fashion trends considering how these can be included in the range.
· Works in conjunction with Buyer to finalise styles and prints for the deliveries within each range.
· Creates story boards to display deliveries per month.
· Creates and submits handovers to licensor for approval.
· Assist Buyer with marketing direction and strategy.
· Demonstrate a sound understanding of design, merchandising, and product development priorities.
· Produce and brief detailed tech packs that translate vision for each product to supplier ensuring prototype is made to required specifications.
· Responsible for understanding the impact of the decisions on timelines and margins.
· Assist Buyer in signing of lab dips and trims.
· Assist Buying team in preparation for range presentation to management and agents.
· Ensure that all storyboards are updated and ready for range launch to agents and/or management and licensor.
· Matric qualification.
· A relevant Fashion Design related Diploma/Degree.
· Minimum 3 years experience, in a similar role, in a fashion or retail environment.
· Computer literacy (ie MS Office, CAD, etc).
· Time management skills to meet all administrative deadlines.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure.
· Knowledge of wholesale/retail environment and admin processes involved.
Position located in Cape Town. Call Gabi Traut on 083 274 5193.
About the Company
Company: Traut Personnel –
Company Location: Cape Town, Western Cape