Director of Administration Job at Spencer Fane Kansas
Full Job Description
JOB TITLE: Director of Administration
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
LOCATION: Kansas City. MO or St. Louis, MO offices
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial and Administrative Officer
The Director of Administration is a key member of the Firm’s Leadership Team. This role is a full-time, exempt role based out of either our Kansas City or St. Louis offices. The Director of Administration has operational responsibilities for several administrative areas of the Firm including Records Management, Reception, Office Services, Knowledge Management/Research, Hospitality, Facilities, and Office Administration which includes Legal Support Teams and Litigation Support. The Director of Administration communicates widely and often with all members of the firm and fosters excellent customer service, efficiency and collaboration.
*only local candidates will be considered*
- Provide leadership and management aligned with the objectives and core values of the firm in the following areas: Office Administration, Legal Support Teams, Records Management, Facilities Management, and Litigation Support
- Collaborate with the Firm’s Senior Leadership Team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure including systems, processes, and personnel designed to support the strategic objectives of the Firm
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all applicable administrative groups and related operational processes, strategies and projects.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the firm
- Supervise and direct office administration managers, director of research and knowledge management, records manager, and staff trainer to ensure strong talent management and operational efficiency in all offices
- Collaborate with Office Managing Partners on overall individual office productivity and staff proficiency
- Partner with Facilities Director on all office build-outs as well as new market space scouting
- Establish and maintain hiring standards for legal support staff; approve requests for backfilling staff positions and newly created staff positions
- Establish policy and procedure guidelines for administrative departments supporting the Firm’s client service delivery goals
- Ability to deliver superior service to all internal and external customers and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with clients and employees at all times.
- Ability to successfully perform position requirements with excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team; ability and willingness to adapt to changing business demands.
- Ability to produce acceptable amount of work efficiently and accurately; ability to produce quality final work product.
- Ability to exercise good judgment at all times by making sound and practical decisions; ability to assume responsibility for decisions and act decisively under deadlines.
- High level of professional integrity required; ability to maintain confidentiality and build trust.
- Ability to lead and motivate the work of others; when applicable, ability to successfully manage direct report(s), including performance evaluation, goal-setting, employee development and problem-solving.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred
- 10 years’ progressive expertise in related area required; substantial experience leading company-wide initiatives within a multi-office setting, preferably in a professional services firm environment.
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated client service skills
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving and organization skills
- Effective time-management and strong sense of urgency
Must be able to travel up to 50%.
- Position is generally sedentary in nature; involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time
- Ability to occasionally or routinely lift up to 10 lbs. required
- Ability to talk and hear required
- Ability to perform repetitive motions required
- Ability to sit, stand and walk required
- Ability to reach, lift, climb, balance, stoop and crouch required
- Ability to see and read PC screens; detect color coding, read fine print, and/or normal type size print
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of employees.
About the Company
Company: Spencer Fane
Company Location: Kansas