Executive Assistant Job at Spencer Fane Kansas
Full Job Description
JOB TITLE: Executive Assistant
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
HOURS: Full-Time, M-F Schedule
LOCATION: Kansas City, MO office
DEPARTMENT: Finance & Accounting
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial and Administrative Officer
The Executive Assistant is a full-time, non-exempt role based in our Kansas City, MO office. This position will provide high-level administrative support and coordination primarily for the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer (CFAO) and some Director positions as needed. Spencer Fane offers an excellent benefits package and an opportunity to work in a challenging and collaborative environment.
*only local candidates will be considered*
- Provide day-to-day administrative support for the CFAO and their direct reports
- Coordinate Executive and other Committee meetings including preparation of meeting materials and attending as note-taker, as needed
- Provide extensive calendar management including scheduling individual, group and client meetings including partnering with facilities, reception and information technology for conference room technology and set-up
- Book travel for Firm and client trips including airfare, hotels, transportation, restaurant reservations and acting as a liaison between client assistants
- Act as the main point of contact for the CFAO when they are out of the office
- Prepare expense reports
- Liaison with Partners and Staff Directors
- Assist in preparation for any client-facing meetings
- Ad-hoc reports, projects and event planning
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 5 years of experience providing high-level administrative support to executives
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving and organization skills
- Effective time-management and strong sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to complete work effectively and in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with various computer software applications (including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, as well as Acrobat Adobe)
- Position is generally sedentary in nature; involves sitting most of the time, but may involve the need for inter-office mobility for brief periods of time
- Ability to occasionally or routinely lift up to 10 – 20 lbs.
- Ability to efficiently communicate
- Ability to perform repetitive motions required
- Ability to see and read PC screens, detect color coding, read fine print, and/or normal type size print
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of employees.
About the Company
Company: Spencer Fane
Company Location: Kansas