Executive Assistant Job in Vancouver, BC at Value Property Group –
The Value Property Group (“VPG”) is a Vancouver based and family-owned commercial real estate investment group. VPG owns and manages a portfolio of office, retail and industrial properties throughout the Lower Mainland and on Vancouver Island. In addition to his business interests, the VPG’s President is actively involved in philanthropy through his Family Foundation.
VPG is looking to fill the role of Executive Assistant to the President. The successful applicant will be a motivated, organized and a positive team player, with excellent communication skills and the desire and ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
A day in the life of the Executive Assistant – role and responsibilities:
· Manage the President’s calendar (business and personal), including meetings, conference calls, appointments and reservations, and preparing a daily agenda for the President’s reference.
· Organize meetings (in-person and virtually), including preparing materials, receiving attendees and arranging refreshments.
· Prepare and circulate correspondence (business and personal).
· Manage the President’s workflow by identifying priorities and bringing important items to the attention of the President.
· Provide administrative support in relation to the activities of the Family Foundation.
· Prepare and circulate correspondence with the Family Foundation trustees, executive director and others.
· Plan and coordinate events (business and personal).
· Conduct land title, corporate and other online searches.
· Support the leasing team by conducting credit check searches for prospective tenants.
· Prepare and file company annual reports and maintain corporate minute books.
· Support accounting and property management departments, as needed, to collect outstanding amounts due.
· Responsible for general office organization and tidiness of common areas (meeting rooms, kitchen and copier room).
Requirements – what you bring to the company:
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar administrative role.
· Post-secondary education (preferred).
· Meticulously detailed oriented – excellent spelling, grammar and proof-reading skills.
· Exceptional organizational abilities with the ability to handle multiple assignments and deadlines without sacrificing quality or attention to detail.
· Excellent people skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with staff and external members by correspondence by phone and in person.
· A good sense of humor, with the ability to be flexible and change direction at a moment’s notice.
· Self-starter with ability to work independently and take initiative.
· Exhibit high level of discretion in the use and handling of confidential and sensitive information.
· Strong technology skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and preferably Yardi).
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that w equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.#LP
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Work Location: One location
About the Company
Company: Value Property Group –
Company Location: Vancouver, BC