Executive Assistant (Curriculum and Instruction) Job at The School District Of Philadelphia Philadelphia, PA
Full Job Description
Title: Executive Assistant
Department: Office of Curriculum and Instruction
Reports To: Administrative Superior
For forward-thinking administrators and educators opportunities abound in the School District of Philadelphia. The School District of Philadelphia is committed to transforming the education opportunities it offers the city’s more than 203,000 school-aged children. The District seeks District leaders who have a passion for working with schools, principals and communities and who are committed to ensuring all students achieve. Serving a population as diverse as ours requires creativity, commitment and vision. Will you join us?
Performs a variety of responsible and complex administrative, technical and secretarial duties for the Assistant Superintendent, Associate Superintendent of Schools, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief of Staff, Chief Talent Development Officer, General Counsel, Superintendent of Schools or Board of Education. Works on issues of a highly confidential and/or sensitive nature. Handles matters related to the coordination of office functions and services, and managing office operations. Serves at the pleasure of the executive management staff member to whom they are assigned.
This is a full-time, non-represented 12 month role. The salary ranges from 49,041 to 74,845.
- Handles matters of a highly confidential and/or sensitive nature for executive management staff.
- Coordinates all office functions and services.
- Responds to public inquiries on the telephone and in person; provides information on School District policies and procedures; researches various issues which may involve contacting internal and external sources; coordinates activities between functions/departments to facilitate problem resolution.
- Prepares draft agendas for meetings for review; disseminates agendas to meeting participants with appropriate backup materials.
- Handles all mail and correspondence for superior including confidential documents; prepares correspondence for signature of superior.
- Schedules appointments and meetings for superior; coordinates schedules with meeting participants and arranges accommodations.
- Prepares, maintains and updates system data and produces a variety of reports and financial statements.
• Prepares various forms including accounting and fiscal statements, records and vouchers. • Performs incidental general office/secretarial duties such as, but not limited to, word processing, faxing and copying.
- May train and/or supervise subordinate clerical/secretarial staff.
- May determine the need for and prepare requisitions for services such as maintenance, repair and supplies.
- May prepare slide and overhead projector presentation materials.
- May coordinate all travel arrangements, including hotel and automobile rental reservations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Five years of full-time, paid, secretarial or administrative support experience which has included the use of a personal computer to maintain records and prepare correspondence, reports and spreadsheets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of:
o office practices and procedures.
o word processing software applications.
o spreadsheet software applications.
- Thorough knowledge of:
o the operation and maintenance of standard office equipment.
o English language usage, spelling, and grammar.
- Ability to:
o type from a clear copy at a speed of not less than 60 net corrected words per minute. o perform varied mathematical computation accurately and quickly.
o perform secretarial and clerical duties with speed and accuracy.
o follow written and verbal instructions.
o communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
o establish and maintain effective working relationships.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The School District of Philadelphia provides to all persons equal access to all categories of employment in this District, regardless of race, color, age, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin or handicap/disability, gender identity, or genetic information. Please refer to Board Policy 104 for further information regarding the District’s commitment to Nondiscrimination in Employment Practices.
Primary Location: Office Of Academic Support (9870)
Job: Central Administration
Organization: The School District of Philadelphia
Employee Status: Entry Level
Job Posting: Mar 14, 2023, 8:53:05 AM
Union Affiliation: Not represented by a union
Unposting Date: Apr 30, 2023, 10:59:00 PM
About the Company
Company: The School District Of Philadelphia
Company Location: Philadelphia, PA