Guild – Prin Clerk School Secretary Grade 19 (SY22-23) (Repost) Job at Boston Public Schools Boston, MA
Full Job Description
Reports to: Principal /Headmaster
Under the general supervision, serves as secretary to the principal or headmaster of a school; performs complex clerical work requiring exercise of independent judgment. Uses appropriate current technology to carry out duties.
1. Performs general correspondence
2. Maintains pupil and teacher records and prepare a variety of reports.
3. Maintains confidentiality of records, communications and information as appropriate.
4. Sorts and distributes mail.
5. May keep records of all money received and spent as a result of school activities.
6. Inputs and monitors information relative to requisitions, supplies and repairs.
7. Prepares transcripts of student records.
8. Registers or assists in the registration and discharge of students.
9. Answers telephone and general inquiries in a professional manner, and redirects calls where appropriate.
10. May operate office machines.
11. Greets and assists visitors in a professional manner.
12. Prepares payrolls.
13. Maintains files
14. Responds to inquiries from parents, teachers, pupils and other staff.
15. Performs related duties of a similar nature, as requested by supervisor, which are commensurate with job duties and responsibilities.
1. High School diploma or equivalency
2. Basic computer skills including word processing, email
3. Successfully completed appropriate course work
4. Good communication skills
5. City of Boston residency required
Current authorization to work in the United States – Candidates must have such authorization by their first day of employment
Terms: Guild, Grade 15, 17, 18, 19, 21
Please refer to the Salary Compensation section on the Career Site for more information on compensation. Salaries are listed by Union and Grade/Step.
About the Company
Company: Boston Public Schools
Company Location: Boston, MA