Hotel Front Desk Agent Job at The Atlantic House Hotel Narragansett, RI
Full Job Description
Front Desk Receptionist,
We are looking for a receptionist to manage our front desk on a daily basis and to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. As a receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for our company. Our receptionist’s duties include offering administrative support across the organization. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the business. You will coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls. To be successful as a receptionist, you should have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. You should be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position. This role may require working in shifts, so flexibility is a plus. Ultimately, a receptionist’s duties and responsibilities are to ensure the front desk welcomes guests positively and executes all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Make Reservations in system and keep maintain room inventory online.
- Answer all call, screen and forward incoming phone calls.
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges)
- Update calendars and schedule meetings
- Arrange travel and accommodations and prepare vouchers.
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing
High School diploma or equivalent and/or one year of progressive experience in a hotel, accounting or related field required.
- Computer knowledge/skills required.
- Guest Service Experience preferred.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Must be open to work holidays and understand the hotel business is a 24-hour industry.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Flexible hours sometimes required.
- Sedentary work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Second Shift & First Shift part time job
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
Communication method(s) used:
- Email and phone
Job Types: Part-time or Full-Time
Hours per week:
8 hours to up to 40 hours
- Weekends required.
- Day shift & Evening Shift
- 8-hour shift
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $15.50 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
- Weekends only
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- front desk: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
About the Company
Company: The Atlantic House Hotel
Company Location: Narragansett, RI