Legal Secretary / Executive New Job in Dublin, County Dublin at REED –
Legal Secretary / Executive
Dublin 7 Firm
General practice legal firm, looking to recruit a legal secretary or legal executive based in their busy, expanding Dublin office.
With previous experience working in a legal firm, the successful candidate will
Have the ability to progress files / cases on using their own judgement / knowledge.
Have experience of residential and commercial conveyancing
Have a strong working knowledge of Land Registry and Property Registration Matters
Ability to work as part of a team, to think on their feet, assist colleagues and react quickly
Be self-motivated and flexible
The Dublin office is a busy, dynamic team with a strong work ethic. The team work independently but are always ready to support each other, depending on the current priority. The individual we recruit will want to be a part of this team, but with a strong personal drive to succeed.
Salary Flexible depending upon experience.
- Managing and being responsible for the conveyancing files
- Ability to work independently with a view to progressing files
- Working with and providing support for solicitors, completing administration tasks as required
- Liaising with clients and third parties including lending institutions, management companies/agents, Property Registration Authority, local authorities etc. as required to progress the matter or as requested by supervising solicitor
- Good file management ensuring compliance with AML, data security guidelines and legislation
- Managing files on our Practice Management System (Practice Evolve) to ensure files are updated and maintained
- Filing Stamp Duty returns and other enquiries online via Ros;
- Preparing applications for registration in the Registry of Deeds and the Land Registry including First Registration applications and replying to registration queries arising;
- Scanning, photocopying, filing and archiving documentation and correspondence
- Drafting of bills, apportionment and completion statements and invoicing
- Drafting completion documentation
- Drafting other legal documents as required
- Dealing with completion and post-completion matters
- Scheduling title deeds to be sent to lending institutions
- Ad hoc tasks as required
- Have relevant work experience as a Legal Executive in a law firm based in Ireland; Conveyancing/property experience is essential.
- Ability to work on own initiative but also as part of a team, willingness to help out colleagues where required
- Have strong IT skills and can demonstrate an ability to work with a case management system (experience of Practice Evolve a preference but not essential);
- Advanced MS Office Skills;
- Ability to prioritise workload with excellent attention to detail
- Comfortable with assisting in all stages of property transactions including post-completion
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong work ethic
About the Company
Company: REED –
Company Location: Dublin, County Dublin