Medical Secretary Job at Coastal Medical Wakefield, RI
Full Job Description
Medical Secretary (South County)
The Company: A member of the Lifespan health system, Coastal Medical is a primary care driven practice serving 120,000 patients across Rhode Island, whose primary goal is to offer patients better health and better care with minimal costs. An equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Coastal employs over 600 professionals in a variety of roles.
- Coastal Medical offers competitive wages and values work/life balance.
- Our comprehensive benefit package includes health, dental & vision benefits, a free life insurance policy, earned time, paid holidays and 401K match.
- Employee input is essential to our operations. All employees are encouraged to join and participate in committees, trainings and workgroups.
- Coastal Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All employees and applicants for employment are afforded equal opportunity in every area of hiring and employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, age, veteran or disability status.
Per the Rhode Island Department of Health all existing and new employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive their flu vaccination upon hire.
The Position: We are currently in search of a Medical Secretary. The Medical Secretary’s main responsibility includes assisting physicians in providing high-quality care, while exhibiting superb customer service skills to all patients and the overall practice.
- This is an hourly, full time position.
- The schedule consists of 40 weekly hours, Monday through Friday.
- This position is located in Wakefield, RI
- Employee parking is provided at all locations.
- Responsible for answering phones, scheduling appointments, checking patients in and out from their appointment and coordinating specialist appointments for patients
- Collects patient balances, copays, and credit cards at time of service
- Reviews lists of patients who need appointments and calls to schedule when due
- Verifies demographics and insurance carrier information for every patient
- Assists patients with Kiosk sign in
- Complies with OSHA and DOH standards
- Schedules, coordinates, and tracks STAT patient referrals and pre-authorizations
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certification as a Medical Secretary or previous training in Office Administration
- At least one year of prior experience as a Medical Secretary/Receptionist
- Familiarity using an Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Any combination of education and experience that is substantially equivalent is also acceptable
Why You Should Apply:
- We operate in a collaborative environment and strongly encourage and promote employee growth and development.
- Coastal offers a wide range of training opportunities including our own Leadership Academies as well as other well-known programs such as Crucial Conversations and Clifton Strengths.
Check out what’s happening at Coastal!
Five Questions With: Dr. Edward McGookin
Five Questions With: Dr. Edward McGookin (pbn.com)
Meet Dahiana Diaz, Coastal Medical
About the Company
Company: Coastal Medical
Company Location: Wakefield, RI