Office Admin / Human Resources Lead Job at ServiceMaster of Shenandoah Valley, Inc. Winchester, VA
Full Job Description
ServiceMaster of Shenandoah Valley is growing! And we are adding a NEW position to the team!
Office Manager / Human Resources Lead
We are currently looking for a dynamic people leader who enjoys working with others and has superb attention to detail. In this role, you will be responsible for day-to-day office management including working with our insurance carrier partners, and customers, maintaining organized and well-functioning office processes and flow, and you will lead the human resources efforts for SSV, work closely with our leadership team to create a reputable, high-touch employee experience.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to engage in the recruiting portion of the employee lifecycle. You will assist hiring managers with tasks and activities throughout the recruiting process and expand to assist with the front desk duties for additional coverage, or as needed.
This role best suits candidates who enjoy highly detailed work and enjoys developing others. A great candidate will have some damage restoration or construction industry experience. The ideal candidate will possess a solid work history with management experience, great references, and extended stays with their past employers.
COMPENSATION: $24.00 – $34.60 / hr. based on experience
- Maintain internal and external communications
- Assist managers to find ways to improve overall efficiency
- Act as a liaison between insurance carriers and our mutual customers
- Act as a primary point of contact to Upper-Level Management
- Ensure a positive, seamless, end-to-end recruiting process for all internal partners, stakeholders, and candidates.
- Utilize available technology to manage logistics and scheduling for phone, video, and in-person interviews for all participants.
- Oversee planning and logistics of recruiting events such as interview days and hiring blitzes.
- Create and send offer letters to new hires.
- Field and resolve questions and issues that arise from internal and external parties throughout the recruiting and interview process.
- Interface comfortably with all levels of the organization and candidates.
- Assist with coverage of the Front Desk and manage different administrative duties as needed, which includes supporting the management team set up meetings, helping with office logistics, receiving deliveries and packages, and ordering, organizing, and stocking breakrooms and office and field supplies.
- Greet guests and keep the lobby a welcoming and professional environment and recommend ideas that might improve the visitor experience.
- Support hiring teams with candidates in the office for interviews.
- Assist the leadership team with activities such as team building, holiday events, and charitable activities.
- Partner with the management team to ensure maintenance issues are addressed.
- Receive and sort mail, prepare outgoing mail and packages, and perform other clerical duties such as filing, copying, scanning, etc.
- Participate in other HR projects and initiatives as needed.
- Manage employee benefits, company general insurance, and auto claims.
- Manage employee safety program.
- Ability to effectively interface and use discretion across all levels of the organization
- Computer literate and experienced in using Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe PDF.
- Experience using office machinery (printer, copier, etc.)
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Outstanding communicator both verbally and written
- Polite, confident, and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to remain calm and professional during tense or stressful situations
- Ability to give and receive feedback
- Auditing, estimating, or accounting experience is helpful but not required
- Restoration or construction industry experience is helpful but not required
- Proven ability to pick up new proprietary software
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and multitasking ability
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a high school diploma and a minimum of 2 years of Human Resources experience.
- 3+ years of administrative or office management experience required
- 3+ years of experience managing office personnel required
- or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. BA/BS is strongly preferred.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Dental Insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Biweekly Pay Schedule
- PTO, Sick Pay, Paid Holidays
- Bonus pay
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Primarily weekday hours
Work Location: This is a hybrid position with 2-3 days spent at our office in Winchester, VA
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift 25 pounds
Working Conditions: Work is performed remotely and in an office setting with minimal hazards.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About ServiceMaster Brands
ServiceMaster Brands ® is a leading provider of residential and commercial cleaning and restoration services. Founded in 1929, the company is home to over 3,500 franchisees across 4,900+ locations serving over 1,000,000 homes and businesses in 2021. ServiceMaster was founded with a deep commitment to integrity and customer service and does business under nine brands today across 50 states and ten countries that generate more than $3.5B in system-wide sales:
While each brand maintains a distinct identity, we share a commitment to our mission to make everyday heroes more heroic. From our franchisee experience to career development to our community, our values – We Serve, We Care, We Deliver, We Do – guide us.
Working as part of our team means bringing your best ideas to work every day and seeing the impact of your contributions. Stars in our company at all levels are builders—they love to create, lead and see their plans come to life. Our best people understand that while great ideas are important, they require incredible focus and teamwork to execute. Life inside our company is the opportunity to do the best work of your career with high energy.
It is the policy of ServiceMaster Brands, in accordance with all applicable laws, to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, national origin, genetic information, religious beliefs, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected classifications, activities, or conditions as required by federal, state, and local laws.
About the Company
Company: ServiceMaster of Shenandoah Valley, Inc.
Company Location: Winchester, VA