Office Administrator Job in Leduc, AB at Savanna Drilling Corp –
Employer Overview: In business since 2001, Savanna Drilling offers an extensive fleet of modern drilling rigs and experienced personnel. From our extremely efficient and quick moving Hybrid and Top Drive Single (TDS) rigs to our Heavy and Ultra Heavy Doubles capable of drilling over 6000m (18,000ft) right up to our 1500HP Velox Triple rig platform with ratings of up to 750,000-pound hook loads, our fleet is capable of drilling virtually any onshore oil and natural gas well in the world safely and cost effectively. Savanna Drilling has operational bases in Canada, the United States, and Australia.
Savanna Drilling Canada is searching for an Office Administrator to join our growing team. As an Office Administrator at Savanna, you will be responsible for providing standard administrative support to our Operations team. This position is full-time permanent and is based out of our Leduc, AB office location.
Why work for Savanna? Savanna offers:
- Competitive wage
- Immediate Health and Dental Benefit Coverage
- Amazing Company match Employee Stock Savings Plan – 150% employer match!
- Committed to employee advancement and education
- On-site fitness facility
- Other Employee perks (such as discounts with our retail partners)
- Perform general office duties such as data entry, filing, and photocopying;
- Responsible for organization and ongoing maintenance of all: Approval for Expenditures (AFE’s), maintenance work orders, and equipment work orders;
- Receive AFE requests and process input into tracking system/sheet, assuring accuracy of the information received;
- Communicate with AFE Requestors on approval status. Maintain good communication with AFE Requestors to alert them of approval status, overruns, approaching closure dates, inaccurate purchases, etc.;
- Liaising with staff in other departments, provide assistance when required. Coordinate with Accounts Payable and Payroll to input any expense and labor costs that are not updated automatically;
- Troubleshoot problems, arrange for resolutions if required;
- Create and distribute various reports as required;
- Assist with processing reports as needed;
- Provide assist and coverage for Equipment Coordinator and Purchaser as needed;
- Other projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- 1-2 years of entry level administrative experience;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Must have excellent attention to detail;
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel;
- Strong computer skills and basic understanding of Business Application Systems;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A friendly, outgoing personality and ability to work with individuals, groups and other organizations to carry out goals;
- Knowledge of general office procedures;
- Excellent customer-service skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Savanna Drilling Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about our company, please visit our website at www.savannaenergy.com
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Work Location: In person
About the Company
Company: Savanna Drilling Corp –
Company Location: Leduc, AB