Recruitment and Selection Associate (HR Associate Senior) – State Temporary Job at Maryland Department of Transportation Anne Arundel County, MD
Full Job Description
- Providing administrative support to recruitment and selection analyst
- Entering and updating applicant information in NEOGOV Applicant Tracking System
- Creating eligible lists
- Creating and sending interview notifications and selection letters
- Answering questions concerning recruitments to internal and external applicants
- Supporting the front desk
- Entering data into HRIS
- Updating the reassignment list for unique MDOT MVA classifications
- Participating in Career Fairs
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience with Microsoft Suites
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with diverse customers
- Team player/builder, innovative thinker, and motivational leader
- Ability to multi-task and complete task accurately
The current vacancy exists in MDOT MVA’s Office of Human Resources and Organizational Development in Glen Burnie, MD (Anne Arundel County).
MDOT offers a generous and competitive benefits package. You can learn about our amazing benefits here: MDOT Benefits Guide
Education: Graduation from a standard high school or possession of a State high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three (3) years of general clerical or administrative support experience at least one year of which must have been paraprofessional HR experience involving the application of public sector procedures, policies, rules and regulations to specific employment actions. Appropriate paraprofessional HR experience should have included responsibility for activities such as, preparing and maintaining employment records, calculating salaries; interpreting rules and policies; preparing HR-related reports, counseling employees regarding benefits and obligations, and responding to inquiries concerning employment actions.
1. For the HR Associate Senior level one additional year of paraprofessional HR experience as defined above may be substituted for one year of general clerical or administrative support experience.
2. Candidates may substitute equivalent U.S. Armed Forces military service experience on a year for year basis for the required experience.
About the Company
Company: Maryland Department of Transportation
Company Location: Anne Arundel County, MD