Research Assistance (m/f/d), reference: „52009-23-03-TA“ Job in Mainz at TRON –
Full time – Mainz
We are looking as soon as possible for support in our MetaboEdit team in the Vaccine and Cellular
Immunotherapy unit. The successful candidate will work with preclinical human and mouse tumor models to
develop innovative cancer immunotherapies based on understanding and exploiting of cancer and immune
Our research interests includes identifying metabolism targets via CRISPR screening as well as manipulation of
tumor microenvironment to improve translational immunotherapy approaches such as RNA-based
vaccinations. A variety of different projects is carried out in a multidisciplinary team within TRON and with
external collaborators. Methodologically we primarily focus on gene-manipulation of cancer and immune cells
with extensive in vitro analysis such as examinations of the metabolism and cytotoxicity, complemented with
in vivo investigation of the tumor microenvironment and immunogenicity of combination treatments.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Planning, conducting and analysis of preclinical experiments in the field of cancer immunotherapy and
metabolism (u.a. Seahorse, bioluminescent assays)
- Generation and validation of gene-edited cell lines via CRISPR/Cas9 systems
- Planning, conducting and analyzing immunological in vitro assays based on multicolor flow cytometry and
co-culture cytotoxicity assays.
- Establishment and standardization of new methods
- Writing standard operating procedures (DE & EN) and preparation of experimental reports
- Pro-active contribution to tasks of general laboratory organization
What you bring:
- A master degree in life sciences or several years of experience as technical assistant in the field of cell
biology (or equivalent) are favorable
- Any practical experience in conducting in vitro experiments using cell culture and primary cells isolated
- Experience in performing in vitro assays based on multicolor flow cytometry techniques and immunological
methods such as ELISA and co-culture assays are a plus
- Basic knowledge in conducting metabolic assays would be a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both German and English language
- Well-structured and organized working methods and an excellent time management
Enthusiasm and curiosity for the diverse activities of our research institute as well as the ability to work in a
team completes your profile.
PLATZHALTER ADMIN (M/F/D)
Vollzeit – Mainz
TRON – Translational Oncology at the University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz gGmbH (non-profit)
- A dynamic, innovative and creative research environment
- An open, collegial and cordial working atmosphere in a respectful corporate culture
- A high degree of diversity in the workforce
- Flat hierarchies
- A performance-related remuneration and other benefits
- The opportunity for personalised further training
- An excellent transport connection by public transport and car, parking spaces, secure bicycle parking
- The opportunity for hybrid working on a daily basis
TRON is an internationally recognised institute for translational research. We combine the strengths of
academic research with the requirements of quality-controlled industrial developments. At TRON, we share a
common mission to develop innovative solutions for the immunotherapeutic treatment of cancer, infectious
diseases and other serious diseases with high medicinal need for development.
TRON was founded in Mainz in 2010 and works in close cooperation with universities and hospitals as well as
with regional, national and international research institutions and pharmaceutical companies.
As part of our team, you have the opportunity to be at the forefront of translational science with us.
If all this appeals to you, we look forward to getting to know you.
Please send us your complete and informative application documents (cover letter, CV, references) in a single
document of max. 5 MB by e-mail to Human Resources at jobs (at) tron-mainz.de,
For more information, visit our homepage at www.tron-mainz.de
TRON – Translational Oncology at the University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz non-profit GmbH
About the Company
Company: TRON –
Company Location: Mainz