Secretary III – Endocrinology – MSBI/USD – Full Time, Day Shift Job at Mount Sinai New York, NY
Full Job Description
Strength through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Title: Secretary III
Department: Medicine Endocrinology
Hospital: Mount Sinai Union Square
Schedule: Full-Time, Day Shift
Answers telephones, screens and directs incoming phone calls, takes messages and responds to inquiries requiring knowledge of departmental operations and schedules in a professional manner. Interacts with Medical Center and non-Medical Center personnel in a professional and courteous manner
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Handles and prepares correspondence for department personnel as assigned
- Determines layout of documents and organizes same based on audience and word processing capabilities
- Possesses satisfactory knowledge of medical terminology
- Coordinates work and that of others, as required
- Facilitates staff activities based on personal observation and feedback form other personnel
- Ensures meeting times and appointments are clearly communicated, and are in accordance with other priorities, time-frames and dates desired
High school diploma or equivalent
Prior secretarial experience in a hospital or office environment
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion are key drivers for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education, and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together. We invite you to participate actively as a part of the Mount Sinai Health System team by:
- Using a lens of equity in all aspects of patient care delivery, education, and research to promote policies and practices to allow opportunities for all to thrive and reach their potential
- Serving as a role model confronting racist, sexist, or other inappropriate actions by speaking up, challenging exclusionary organizational practices, and standing side-by-side in support of colleagues who experience discrimination
- Inspiring and fostering an environment of anti-racist behaviors among and between departments and co-workers
- We work hard to acquire and retain the best people and to create an inclusive, welcoming and nurturing work environment where all feel they are valued, belong, and are able to professionally advance. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, contribute to the patient experience and quality of patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our history!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai Morningside (Formerly St Luke’s), and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
The Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $29.03 – $29.03 Hourly. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.
About the Company
Company: Mount Sinai
Company Location: New York, NY