Temporary Finance and Administration Manager – 6 months Job in Brussel at HIAS Europe –
HIAS seeks a Finance and Administration Manager to oversee day-to-day effective and efficient management of all financial and administration activities and operations of HIAS Europe. This includes both operations implemented directly by HIAS Europe, as well as oversight of grants implemented by HIAS Country Offices. The Finance and Administration Manager will oversee all finance, accounting, and administration functions, and work closely together with the Finance and Administration Officer. The person will also ensure accurate and timely preparation of internal financial reports and submission for external reporting. The incumbent will also maintain high standards internal controls in accordance with International Accounting Standards, Belgian laws and regulations. The Finance and Administration Manager will report directly to the Director. They will also work closely with Finance and Grants Compliance management team in the US.
- Manage/oversee all financial transactional activity, including accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll and ensures that all financial transactions and journal entries are recorded accurately in accordance with organization policies and governmental regulations.
- Lead in program proposals budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Director and Program Teams.
- Administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Review key monthly account analysis; bank reconciliations, G/L to subsidiary ledger reconciliation.
- Ensures that financial reports for all donors, local compliance and HQ are submitted in a timely manner.
- Prepare, analyze, and report monthly budget vs actual analysis.
- Ensure timely preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and reports.
- Ensures timely and accurate monthly close of General Ledger.
- Ensure compliance with relevant HIAS policies and procedures as outlined in policy manuals and in accordance with local statutory requirements.
- Oversee and support Finance & Admin Officer in relation to administrative functions as necessary, mainly in relation to HR.
Qualification and Experience
- Graduate degree or other post-graduate qualification in finance or accounting (will consider experience in lieu of Master’s degree).
- At least seven (7) years’ work experience in an Accounting or Finance position with accounting and budgeting responsibilities and at least one year in a INGO or similar field.
- Knowledgeable of relevant Belgian laws and regulations.
- Excellent computer skills in all Microsoft office suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); highly organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities; capability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work in a team and independently, take initiative, prioritize competing tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Oral and written fluency in both written and spoken English; French would be advantageous.
- Eligible to work in the European Union.
Apply on the HIAS Careers website: https://hias.org/who/careers/
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary contract, Replacement contract
Contract length: 6 months
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in 1000 Brussels
About the Company
Company: HIAS Europe –
Company Location: Brussel