Virtual Receptionist Job at Gastroenterology Center of New York New York, NY
Full Job Description
As a part of our dynamic team, the Receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming phone calls, scheduling new patient consultation and follow up visits, providing procedure and appointment related instructions, managing practice email and direct patient messaging, forwarding clinical requests and prescription refills to physicians.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience as a receptionist, excellent communication skills and a friendly, welcoming demeanor.
- Answer phones including scheduling, rescheduling and confirming appointments.
- Answer questions and refer callers to appropriate resources.
- Managing email and direct messaging between patients and practice.
- Performing medication and procedure authorizations with insurance payers.
- Providing appointment and procedure instructions to patients.
- Provide information to callers regarding office hours, location, and parking.
- Distribute email and other correspondence to appropriate staff members.
- Gather information about the firm’s services and products, as well as industry trends, competitors, etc., for marketing or promotional purposes.
- Coordinate with colleagues in other offices.
- Perform clerical tasks (e.g., faxing, copying).
- Make telephone calls on behalf of management team members.
- Order supplies.
- Mail out invoices.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $18.00 – $19.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- No weekends
- Associate (Required)
- Medical office: 1 year (Required)
- Medical receptionist: 1 year (Required)
- English (Required)
Work Location: Remote
About the Company
Company: Gastroenterology Center of New York
Company Location: New York, NY