Administration Officer Job in Darwin NT at NT Police, Fire and Emergency Services –
Agency NT Police, Fire and Emergency Work unit Organised Crime, Intelligence and
Job title Administration Officer Designation Administrative Officer 3
Job type Full time Duration Fixed to 29/09/2023
Salary $62,773 – $67,746 Location Darwin
Position number 24509 RTF 264070 Closing 19/03/2023
Contact officer Sergeant John Gregory 08 8922 1339 or [email protected]
About the agency www.pfes.nt.gov.au/police
Apply online https://jobs.nt.gov.au/Home/JobDetails?rtfId=264070
Applications must be limited to a one-page summary sheet and detailed resume
Information for applicants – inclusion and diversity and Special Measures recruitment plans
The NTPS values diversity. The NTPS encourages people from all diversity groups to apply for vacancies and accommodates
people with disability by making reasonable workplace adjustments. If you require an adjustment for the recruitment
process or job, please discuss this with the contact officer. For more information about applying for this position and the
merit process, go to the OCPE website.
Under the agency’s Special Measures recruitment plan eligible Aboriginal applicants will be granted priority consideration
for this vacancy. For more information on Special Measures plans, go to the OCPE website.
The Monitor, Special Projects Unit is accountable for the timely review, evaluation and recording of all incoming information
as the result of electronic interceptions and other covert electronic surveillance.
The position is also responsible for the maintenance of logs, supervision and control of access to lawfully obtained
information and restricted records.
Key duties and responsibilities
1. Monitoring, reviewing and accurately summarising intercepted information, both audio and visual, ensuring ongoing
adherence to recording and reporting requirements.
2. Ensure that material obtained and produced as a result of electronic interceptions is processed and reported in a timely
manner, and in accordance with legislative requirements and NT Police policies and procedures and assist in periodic
audits of information holdings.
3. Communicating information in accordance with legislative requirements and policy guidelines.
4. Performing legislated and other duties as directed.
5. Contributing to the achievement of equal opportunity in employment and service delivery by identifying, eliminating
and preventing discrimination and harassment, to ensure high standards of performance in line with corporate strategies,
equal opportunity policies, and the Public Sector Employment and Management Act.
1. Proven experience in working in a confidential area and possession of a high standard of personal integrity and a high
level of confidentiality.
2. Experience in office administration, records and information management and transcription of recorded materials.
3. Demonstrated listening skills and the ability to review large amounts of information and précis key issues.
4. Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and to manage workloads in order to meet the needs and deadlines of the
5. Proven ability to work under pressure, in a team environment and have the flexibility to work extended and irregular
6. Well-developed computer skills, with experience in the operation of the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
7. Ability to work a 24/7 roster inclusive of weekends and Public Holidays.
8. Possess, or the ability to obtain and maintain a negative VET 2 National Security Clearance.
1. Administrative experience in a Police organisation or similar.
2. Previous or current experience in a similar role.
1. This is a shift-work position; the successful applicant will be required to work day, afternoon, night and weekend shifts.
2. The successful applicant must have no significant criminal record confirmed by a Police criminal history check. Details
about the negative VET 2 National Security Clearance process can be found at the following site:
About the Company
Company: NT Police, Fire and Emergency Services –
Company Location: Darwin NT