Secretary, Registration (SW) Job at CharterCARE Health Partners North Providence, RI
Full Job Description
Summary: Greets patients upon arrival in the department. Insures pre-authorization of visit prior to treatment. Registers patients into the hospital’s ADMI system. Assembles medical records/retrieves medical records for patient visits. Answers phones as needed. Participates in performance improvement activities within department and hospital.
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Experience: One year experience in office/hospital setting preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Skills in organization and priority setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with office peers/other departments.
- Ability to respond to incoming calls, transcribe detailed and accurate messages.
- Ability to utilize sound interpersonal skills when interacting and taking into consideration cultural background, linguistic skills and age of customers.
- Ability to work independently and identify tasks that need to be completed.
Working Conditions, Physical Environment and/or Safety Requirements: Lifting up to 30 lbs. and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as files, books, etc. Involves frequent standing, sitting, walking, stooping, bending, and reaching. Good visual and auditory acuity as well as good manual dexterity required.
Location: CharterCARE Health Partners · 8560-Admitting
Schedule: Full Time regular (64-80 hrs), 1, 7-3:30
About the Company
Company: CharterCARE Health Partners
Company Location: North Providence, RI